01 May 2009

Why?

I found out today that a dear friend of mine was diagnosed with cancer. What? Really? Excuse me? How can that be? How come the doctor didn’t catch it earlier?

My friend, is a dear friend of mine, and I can’t even fathom what her family is going through. My heart weeps for them. I want to do anything but for now there isn’t much to do. I want  her to be okay, in peace, out of pain, and I want her to not worry about everyone else.

She is the rock of her family. She is the responsible one. She is the “oh don’t worry about me” type. She always worries about everyone else except her.

I want to see her, I want to hug her, and I want to tell her that we will do anything for her. I want her to be okay. Is that so hard to ask?

It sucks to know it won’t be like it was. I won’t get to talk to her every morning on our way to work, I won’t get to have lunch with her, and it just won’t be the same. How selfish is that? I guess to have normalcy back is just a small wish for her, now.

March 2008 001

To protect my friend and her family, I decided not to go into much detail about her situation, as I know she is a private person and I want to respect that.

I just want her to know we love her.

3 comments:

  1. thinking of your friend. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers for your friends' full recovery! (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. i pray that the doctors will eradicate the cancer from her body...

    ReplyDelete