05 May 2009

I’m Guilty

Yes it is true…I’m guilty of something! Putting Jack down to sleep is one of the most relaxing things I get to do as a mother. Just imagine, it’s about 8pm just starting to get dark, his classical music is playing, and your son starts to wind down in your arms.  He puts his head on your shoulder and wraps his arms around your neck and yawns. I start to rock in our rocking chair which has been in the family for over 37 years, a wedding gift my parents received and I was very happy to have it passed to me. It’s beautiful rhythm is so soothing and it keeps us both calm. Before you know it Jack is a sleep and I’m guilty. Guilty of holding my son too long after he’s been asleep. I promise you this there is simply nothing better!

IMG_0224

Oddly I don’t have a photo of Jack sleeping at 11 months as every mother knows that you don’t wake a sleeping baby. This photo was taken when he was maybe 6 days old and asleep in his boppy. Just imagine him walking and about 23 lbs today.

No comments:

Post a Comment