21 September 2009
16 September 2009
11 September 2009
09 September 2009
03 September 2009
Last night my co-workers and I had a farewell dinner for another collegue of ours! We decided that each of us would cook one course with our friend. So I was in charge of the appetizer!
6 servings (serving size: about 1 1/3 cups arugula mixture, 3 peach wedges, about 1/3 ounce prosciutto, 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic syrup, and 1 teaspoon cheese)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 peaches, pitted and each cut into 6 wedges
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of kosher salt
- 10 cup trimmed arugula (about 10 ounces)
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
1. Bring vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer until vinegar is reduced to 2 tablespoons (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in honey. Cool to room temperature.
2. Prepare grill to high heat.
3. Place peach wedges on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 30 seconds on each side or until grill marks appear but peaches are still firm. Remove from grill; set aside.
4. Combine oil, pepper, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add arugula, tossing gently to coat. Arrange arugula mixture on a platter. Top with peach wedges and prosciutto. Drizzle with balsamic syrup; sprinkle with cheese.
- 100 (36% from fat)
- 4g (sat 1g,mono 2.4g,poly 0.5g)