08 May 2009

Secretary who?



Last night was the start of our summer bowling league, it's 16 weeks long and the first time I've bowled without my husband. However he suggested that I join to have my one night for myself without my boys. Originally it was going to be me and my two friends from work but then one of my friends was diagonosed with cancer and she won't be bowling. So the two of us went last night not really knowing what to expect. Again without my husband...but as my other friend K said that I'm very social and have nothing to worry about.


So we are sitting in the meeting room waiting for our instruction, divide out teams and hear the league rules! First and for most they need a Secretary to keep up with the weekly monies, call people if they dont' show and so forth...Penny (special events bowling lady) says any volunteers? I swear I heard crickets chirping...going once, going twice, anyone? So since my other friend won't be bowling (as I had thought to nominate her) I volunteered! Seriously how bad can it be? Penny said GREAT and come on up! (Um what, I have to be in front of strangers...I hate that. Please just don't ask me any questions!) Penny then asked for a President and then someone nominated Jason! So there you go!


First order of business divide out teams, my team consists of well me, K, and two boys we picked up who like us were stragglers. Personally I think we have the best team!


Currently there are only 9 teams, us being team #9. Our name you ask, "That's how we Roll!" Thanks K for your nomination! However Penny believes at least 8 more ppl will show up next week. So tba. Since we only have 9 teams we just bowled oursevles to establish our averages. I think I'm pretty consistent since I hadn't bowled before baby which is over 14 months ago with a 99 average! Only room for improvement right?


So needless to stay I'm looking forward to our Thursday bowling nights. I think its just want I need.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for visiting my blog. Your Mom is so nice and I want to have lunch with her one day when I am back at home. Jack is a QTpie! I think it is grand that you rock him to sleep in the family chair. They grow up so fast. Just ask your Mom who is enjoying Jack. Don't worry about the weight thing as my daughter is still struggling with it since Finley was born 2 years ago. I think perhaps the bowling will help as long as you don't hit the snack bar at the alley but who could resist? I know I love to snack.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete