13 May 2009

God's Promise


Last Saturday we spent the latter part of the day with my MIL for her Mother's Day. We went to a movie to see Hugh and later to a good old' home country meal for dinner. On the way to dinner, I was feeling pretty down about my friend with cancer, I was off in never never land and there it was a beautiful Rainbow that looked as if it started in Texas and spread over Georgia. It was huge and the most beautiful thing I saw all day.

My husband pointed out that we hadn't seen a Rainbow since our honeymoon over 2 years ago in Maui. In Maui you are bound to see a Rainbow everyday. But this one was special I know, my MIL said you know what a Rainbow means, right? She said a Rainbow is God's promise. Two simple words made me feel so much better. So now I'm hoping that the promise will come through and just not for my friend but for all the other prayers that I've wished for.


3 comments:

  1. What a lovely story. I love rainbows and believe they must be a symbol of God's promise because it's such a special time when we see them. It's difficult to watch someone you love go through such pain, but all we can do is trust in God and pray. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never ever give up hope for your friend. Your MIL speaks true words. Maui is one place I would love to live when I hit the lottery. I did check out your husbands sports blog. Very nice so far. We had seats in the 4th row for that game and it was nice to sit and see. We have season tickets to the Falcons but our seats are not in the 4th row:) I wish!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika - we had the exact same thing happen on the exact same day - the biggest rainbow I have ever seen in my life - it was actually a double rainbow, and I thought the same thing - God's promise!

    ReplyDelete