15 February 2009

My Husband

This blog goes out to my husband. Why you ask? Simply because he is everything I’m not and everything I always wanted. Warm, sincere, humors, loving, supportive, kind, smart and he wanted me. I thank god everyday for him and Jack in my life.

Our story…

We meet on yahoo personals over 2.5 years ago, though I had doubts I’d find anyone worth my time, he surprised me with his deep brown eyes, gorgeous smile and his charm. One date turned into two and then our 3rd date I think I took him out for his 30th birthday. I told him I’d take care of the details if he’d just drive and he agreed. To his surprise, I bought us Braves tickets (he is a huge fan!), all the food, beer and parking. He also meet my brother who is also an avid fan and went to most home games that year. I figured if he didn’t scare him off nothing would. Many dates later he told me that, my birthday gift to him was one of the  best non-family gifts he ever received. I said you have to give to get in a relationship. At that date, he later confessed that is when he knew we were a great match.

138

Our short romance turned into love very quickly but it felt like I knew him for much longer than 6 months before he proposed on my 30th birthday! History was made in just 4 short months when we planned our wedding and wed on April 7, 2007.  All the event leading up to that day was memorable and worth every penny spent to see all our friend and family there supporting us.

We spent out honeymoon in Maui at the Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Resort. Did I say FREE? Well, yes it was free compliments of one of my hotel clients. We definitely had the best of time from snorkeling, to hiking the country side, visiting the winery, eating at Longhi's and hiking Haleakala. All while I managed to get bronchitis! But all well worth it.

Five short months later we found out we were expecting. A dear friend of mine who’d been trying for 1 year said to me “don’t wait long as it may take as long as us”. Little did we know we didn’t need time or help.  After the ups and downs of the pregnancy our baby boy finally joined us on May 28, 2008.

Jack Aaron was born at 6:24 pm weighing 7lb and 8oz.

220

We are the lucky one’s. We found each other, he’s my best friend, a great husband, a honorable father and the man I always wanted to find.

Thank you.

1 comment: