21 September 2009

Please make it stop!

Those of you who are living in the Southeast...be thankfully that you are where you are today.

In Atlanta and the surrrounding areas we will get over 5 inches of rain TODAY. Now granted it's been raining for the last 7 days with some totals up to 20 inches. Note: Atlanta is not close to Seattle or Portland. I can't recall it raining this much in all my life!

I'm at work waiting on my boss to return with a Wet/Dry Vaccuum. Our office is in a old house, ranch, brick, built in the 60's and it has a basement. (ha, ha) Our air cut off around noon, so my boss went into the basement to find about 8 inches of rain! To top it off, there are several other areas of the house/office where rain is coming in. We have the attic, the fireplace, archways into many rooms, the 'garage' as it once was but now it's enclosed. But that too is raining...

My husband called to let me know that water is coming into our apartment through the sliding glass doors. The water has gone about 10 feet into our living room. Great right? After being pregnant and expecting we thought it'd be a great idea to move to the bottom floor rather than the 3rd floor, guess again!

Well' here I sit until my boss returns so we can do what we can do before we leave. At least the phones are quiet.


2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Just wanted to let you know that I linked to your blog on mine. Thanks so much for participating in my postcards project! Hope you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erika...

    I am looking forward to my trip and I love the fact that you have been following my blog...I tried to email you the information about me however I couldn't get it to go through...My email is no_serenity13@yahoo.com...

    Once I hear from you I will reply...Never hurts to have excellent treatment :)

    Haven't been to the Westin however I am starting to count the days :)

    ReplyDelete