21 June 2009

Thank you Firefighters!

Friday night was suppose to be a relaxing evening at home with the 3 of us. That quickly turned around shortly after I picked up my son at my parents house.

The every day is the same routine, I leave work at 5pm, drive to my parents place, pick up Jack and go home. But this nightly routine would be different. I left my parents place, walked down stairs, opened the car, put Jack in his car seat, I started the car because it was over 95 degrees and I didn’t want my baby to get too hot, and I shut the door. I had that feeling before I even opened my door, yep you guessed it, I locked my baby in the car and locked me out of the car! (the air condition was on) It was a few moments before my father realized the same thing before he came running down the stairs. I called my husband and asked him if he had the spare set of the car keys because well we were going to need them. He was at his parents…about 20 minutes away, now grant you it’s Friday at 5:45 and there is traffic even on the back roads. Jack was fine as long as we entertained him, then he realized he was on the inside strapped in and mommy was on the outside and not coming in. My mother called 911 as we hoped they would be able to get to us quicker then my husband would be. Within 5 – 8 minutes the Firefighters arrived with their gear in hand. It took them less than 2 minutes for them to open up the car door! Finally I had my baby in my arms and I promised him a million times never again!

I’m sure he’s already forgotten of his experience however mommy will never forget!

Sorry no photos either!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am so happy the firefighters came so quickly. Poor little guy. You must have been nervous, but I'm happy everything worked out in the end.

    ReplyDelete