01 June 2009

Camping

This weekend my husband, I and my in-laws went camping at Fort Mountain State Park in the North Georgia Mountains. We had a PWI – Private Walk In Camp site. Not what any of us were expecting.

This was the hike to our camp site. It was aprox 1/4 mile hike uphill or 442 steps. Did I mention the bathroom was even farther?

Camping May 2009 063

Cooler, mattress pad, pillow…check.

Camping May 2009 062

After several hikes to our campsite we finally set up camp. This was our tent nestled between the trees.

Camping May 2009 039

Resting before another hike (down the trail) I looked up to see a magnificent site that I’d not seen before. How much perfect can the trees glow in this natural light?

Camping May 2009 008 

Back to camp this is a fort that is at every site if you didn’t have a tent I guess you’d sleep here.

Camping May 2009 004

Below is our watering hole that served the purpose of washing our dishes, hands and my hair. A small water well pump under ground that gave us fresh cold water.

Camping May 2009 007

As always we take our Self Portrait. When camping it’s best to do the bare minimal. Note: hair back in a pony, no makeup, loose fitting attire. All which worked well.

Camping May 2009 014

The serene waterfall

Camping May 2009 029

Enjoying our view.

Camping May 2009 031

We had a good time needless to say. Perfect weather, perfect company, and glad to be home in our own bed.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time even though you didn't get much sleep!

    ReplyDelete