30 August 2009

Sick of being sick

How Ironic that my last post was also about being sick - however that one was about my child and my husband being sick. That night I got home from work, picked through my dinner, and shortly after I had chills and the fever the same one my husband had two nights ago.

Tuesday morning came and I was still having the chills so I called off of work. However that wasn't the end of it. My stomach started to churn, make very loud noises as if it was fighting within its self and then the cramping started. I was in so much pain. When I went to the bathroom it turned out that I too had been stricken with the wrath. I too had diarrhea. There is no nice way to put it. All morning back and forth from my bed. So i didn't waste any time and I called the doctor. Thankfully I was able to see the Nurse Practitioner in one hour.

At the doctors office I went through the normal procedure, check your weight (hmm nice I thought I lost 3 lbs since Monday), check my blood pressure (good), took my temp (98), ask about my symptoms (fever, chills, cramping, diarrhea), and then she listened to my stomach. Oh cool I thought I never get to lay down on the doctors table. She carefully listened with her stethoscope (although you didn't need that my tummy was having war and loud enough for everyone to hear), she moved it around a bit and said WOW it's really busy in there. She then asked for a urine sample. However that was a NO go. Add Dehydration to my list! So then she took some blood. I was told to take it easy, eat bland foods such as toast, potatoes, and Gatorade 2 (less sugar) and drink lots of it. She gave me a prescription to keep the cramping down as it might help the stomach issues. I ended up staying home the next day too. The overnight was pure hell. While lying in bed trying to sleep any time i moved or my husband moved I had to go to the bathroom. I was miserable. I was weak and tired.

I decided to go to work on Friday only because we were having a going away dinner for a collegue of mine. I did speak to the nurse as she called to check on me and ask how I was feeling. I told her things were the same and I didn't feel any better. She spoke with the Nurse Practionier and called in two antibotics for me to start taking. I didn't make it all day and left around 3:30. I went home to pick up my antibotics and rested. The past two days I was lucky if I ate 2 pieces of toast and one other item. However with these antibotics I would have to eat at least twice a day as my medicine needs to be taken with food.

Over the weekend I am still not better, I'm eating a bit more, drinking lots, and resting. So here is the TMI alert - stop reading if you don't want to know!!!
I had to take a stool sample for the doctors office. Not pleasant but have to do it. I shouldn't be still sick! This is miserable. I am miserable. I want to be better and back to normal how hard is that to ask. I've never been this ill before and for this long.

Today I've eaten: scrambled eggs and 1 biscuit, noodles, and cinnamon toast. I can't wait to eat my points again. I haven't counted points in over 10 days. I didn't go to WW this Saturday as it didn't seem right to go in and loosing 13lbs and get a celebration for it. "Hi, I've been sick for 7 days and not eating so that's how I lost all this weight!" Um No that is not good for my body or for my mind. However I did make a deal with myself that when I loose 10 lb that I will reward myself with a hair relaxer...any takers?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for following! Glad to hear you got my postcard, i got my first one today and found it quite exciting(very rarely do i get mail thats actually hand written).
    I enjoyed reading your blog when i got your address but wasnt sure if following would ruin the surprise? dont have to worry about that now though.
    -Rachel-

    ReplyDelete