29 March 2009

More time on my hands

This week we were informed that due to our decline in business that both of us (yes, just two of us in the office) will have to take a 20% pay cut and work 4 days a week starting April 6th. How long will this last? Well until we do much better for two consecutive months. I am the optimistic one of the office, so they look to me for my two cents but this one is hard to do. Since we work in the hospitality industry and tourism is down across the country and the world the future looks dim. At first hearing this I was upset and down. I’m busting my butt to find that hidden business but still no luck. I’m reaching outside the box to find what I’m looking for and still nothing. The last few months have been bleak so I’m not surprised of this decision from the owner but it just SUCKS!

So what does that mean for my little family? Aaron will start working 20% harder….maybe even get some OT. Jack will have to eat 20% less. When we go out to eat we’ve vowed to spilt a meal therefore saving 50% on the bill.

On the positive side, I will spend more time with Jack in my pajama’s. We will get to read more and go on walks outside together or go to the playground.

So we can only go forward from here and not to worry we will be just fine, my husband assures it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Erika, I am so sorry to hear your news, but I am glad you can find a silver lining. I know you will LOVE all of the extra time with Jack - especially now that Spring is here! Will be thinking of you.....

    ReplyDelete